Today is dance day...I never know what I am gonna get on dance day. Happy, excited to be there OG...or "I don't want to go to dance" OG. Every week it is something different. Last week she didn't mind going to dance but she decided to be a humpback whale in class...she did her whole routine of ballet (including the practice for their recital number) on the floor as a humpback whale. Her teacher told her "lets be a ballerina today" and OG would say "humpback whale" and her teacher"ballerina" , OG "humback whale" and this went on and on back and forth about 5 times...NICE. Anyway, once they went to the tap portion and tumbling portion she was finally a ballerina.
This is a day of bribes...yes, bad Mommy, but anything I can do to get her to be good at dance and be ballerina is fair game. We are offering up today: dinner at Chic-Fil-A, playground time and ice cream....also tv & movies when we get home. We'll see if this works. (Bad Mom, I am ashamed.)
GOD PLEASE...just let her get through 6 more weeks of class, 1 rehearsal week and 1 VERY IMPORTANT recital!! Then she can stop and never do dance again if she wishes. I know I should not push her, that is not good...but I also don't want her to think that she can just QUIT something whenever she wants. I want her to know she needs to see this through and when she is done she is done...we can do something else...soccer, gymnastics or nothing at all. Too much time has been put into this and too much MONEY (from the FL Grandparents...thanks again!!). Monthly dues have been paid, recital fees have been paid, 2 costumes are paid for and are being made. We will be in the recital and we will like it. HA No honestly, I think she will enjoy the recital part...I think she is just over practicing every week.
6 more weeks baby! You can do it...we are proud of you for getting this far! HANG IN THERE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment