Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Frosty the "Mo-Mice"????


Sadly, Christmas is long gone. The tree has hit the curb and all the decorations have been put away for at least another 10 months from today (yes, I am counting down the months...I LOVE to decorate for Christmas). It is sad to put EVERYTHING away so we left out a few things that were more about winter than Christmas. When I say a few things I mean we left out TWO things...2 snowmen to be exact.

One of these snowmen is a pretty neat fiber optic snowman that was given to us a few years ago by Hubbie's Grandma. It sounds weird but it is actually pretty cool. We were never sure where he would go in our home but once OG came along we knew...he looks great in her room. He is fun to look at and serves as an extra night light during the holidays (and after obviously).

When we get OG up every morning we turn on the snowman and leave him on while we get her dressed...we then turn him off before we leave the room and OG always says "bye-bye" when he is unplugged. He stays off for the day until it is bedtime, then he stays on until we go to sleep.
Ever since we put him in her room right after Thanksgiving, we always made a point to tell her it was called a snowman when we turned him on. One day about mid December, we were in OG's room getting her ready for bed and she kept saying "mo-mice...mo-mice"...we were like "What?????"...she then pointed to Mr. Fiber optic himself....and said "mo-mice!!!"

OOOOOOO-kay!!

Mo-mice...not sure where THAT came from! So now every morning and everynight as we get her dressed and un-dressed we hear "mo-mice, mo-mice, mo-mice"..."Yes OG, that sure is a mo-mice"...ha
She LOVES him...I need to take him down soon before she gets too attached to him. I can just see it being June and her 2nd birthday and Mr. Mo-Mice is there to greet guests at the door. She will come to love "Mo-Mice's" so much that her cake will have to be a "Mo-Mice" instead of Dora or Elmo or a Princess. Now THAT will be interesting!! Her little friends parents will think we are NUTS!!...and I guess we are!

"Frosty the Mo-Mice, was a jolly happy soul..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see that the latest two entries have been typed in the evening rather than in what might be considered the "work" time period of the day. Probably a better idea.