Friday, January 20, 2006

1 2 3...A "Bee" C

I have been beginning to think that we need to start working more on the ABC's & 123's with OG. I am not sure when they learn that stuff but I am also thinking it is never too early to TRY to teach someone.

On the way home from school yesterday in an effort to keep OG happy (she does NOT like to be put in her car seat lately...she arches her back and gets mad and cries) I was trying to get her to talk to me and repeat words and things...we went through all the sounds that animals and other things make. ME: "What does the COW say?" OG: "booo" Me: "Yes very good...what does the DUCK say?" OG: "wack wack" ME: "FANTASTIC!...what does the CAR say?" OG: "bweep bweep". This girl is going to be EINSTEIN!!! She also by the way knows EVERY SINGLE name of EVERY SINGLE kid (11 of them) in her class! Now that is good stuff!!

ANYWAY...we arrived home and continued with our sounds and other things...I started with the ABC's and 123's and she would SORT OF repeat them sounding more like : "Ah-beece -E" and "Wah-to-thee"...good enough for me!! Again, EINSTEIN!!!!

So after playing a little more and a gourmet dinner of pierogies, vienna sausages (ha) and some fruit, we were off for a bath. She loves her bath about as much as she loves getting in that carseat...so, once again I am trying to go over words & sounds and sing songs, etc to distract her. I start with the ABCS & 123's again. She has these little foam letters & numbers for the tub that you stick on the tub. I put up ABC and 123 and kept pointing to them. She also has in her tub cups and toys and plastic squeeky bugs/insects and balls, etc.

Well, I am asking her about the #'s and the letters...pointing to the #'s and saying "where is 1?...where is 3?" I then move on to ABC's...I say "Here is the A...where is the B??" Looking at me and then down into her tub, she promptly and very excitedly points to the BEE alright...a platic squeeking toy Bumble Bee!! "That is right baby Einstein! That sure IS the Bee". Harvard, here we come!

LOVE me some OG! She must get it from me! :)

No comments: