Tuesday, June 24, 2008

belly talk

I realized pulling out of the neighborhood today that I left my engagement ring and wedding ring on my dresser. I sooo wanted to turn around but was about to be running late so I had no time. OG heard me go “UGGHH” and asked me what was wrong. I told her I left my rings and was sad. I almost feel weird without them so it was bugging me not to have them. I called hubbie and he offered to bring them to me at work. SO sweet.

So after I got off the phone, OG asked me why I needed my rings. I told her I was sad without them and I needed them and that Daddy gave them to me when we got engaged and married. She then went on to tell me that she was in the wedding and was there with us in my belly! Let me start by saying now that NOOOOOOO that was not the case. But she insisted she was there. She has seen the videos at my Mom’s so that is why I think she thought she was there.

Then we had this conversation…

Me: OG, when did you get in my belly?
OG: There’s no way to get in there.
Me: Well how did you get there then?
OG: (in a tone as if I should know this already) I was BORN in there Mom!

OF COURSE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, too cute, and Julie....you should of known that!!! HA!!

Anonymous said...

btw...that was me (julie) that left that comment, sorry!
julie(NSB, FL)

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I am the same way with my rings. I hate when I forget them. I feel so naked without them. We watch our wedding video every New Year's Eve. We met on New Year's Eve. Mari always ask why she's not in the video.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

hehe, silly girl!