Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Holiday Festivals & Parades

Well, well, well! We surely had a fun filled holiday event weekend!! On Friday we ended up going downtown to the Festival of Lights...that was pretty cool. There were TONS of people and lots of musical groups/acts playing holiday favorites on every corner. Santa was there (although we did not wait to see him) and everyone got reindeer antlers! COOL!





On Saturday, we went to the parade downtown. That was neat too. We took OG in the wagon and we staked out a good spot. They even had big balloons like the Macy's parade! This was our first time there (I never even went as a kid) and I was impressed.





That evening we went to the arboretum to see the thousands of luminaries they had out along the walkways. They were AWESOME! I have no pictures but it was amazing!!! So beautiful. And there were even folks waiting in line to ride a horse & carriage through the lights. It was super cold but fun. We went with 2 other couples & their kids. Again, we took the wagon. After all that walking and hot chocolate we took with us, a bathroom break was in order...so much in order that I had to RUN. Thank goodness they had bathrooms there in a little rest area building. As I headed into a stall, THERE was Mrs. Claus pulling up her panty hose! LOL She jumped back, afraid I was a child who would see her dressing. It was HILARIOUS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the Dudley Marching Panthers in the background of one your parade pictures? GO PANTHERS!

Shannon

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Sounds like fun! I have been missing your comments.

Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

Hello! I knew you were reading me but I never had your link before - thanks for leaving it for me.