Fri at work I had some sort of weird allergic reaction to Oatmeal with cranberries I think...as I was sitting at my desk eating , my throat felt itchy, and I all of a sudden felt as if I had the flu...out of no where. Sick as a dog. Then my eyes started to feel funny. I pulled out a little mirror and WHOA...I looked like the Elephant Man, I kid you not. I knew something wasn't right, so I grabbed my laptop and purse and headed out in the hallway from my office. A few co-workers were there and they were all shocked to see my face. They told me I needed to get to the Dr immediately. I tried to speak and words would not come out clearly...I was talking as if my tongue was swollen or as if part of it had been cut off. So weird. My throat was totally swollen. I went to an urgent care and a sweet dear co-worker followed me...then once I checked in I told her she could leave. I sat in the lobby w/ sunglasses on until I was called back. The Dr's were shocked to see me too....they gave me a shot of "epi" STAT and a shot of bendaryl. OUCH!! Then made me stay and rest for an hour. I had to call hubbie to take me home. So they said to stay in bed all wknd and take benadryl every 6 hrs. So needless to say, I was a little out of it. I took pictures of my face while in the bathroom at the Dr's waiting to be called back...MAYBE, if you really want to see them and you email me I MIGHT show you. FREAKSHOW I tell you.
ANYWHO...Daddy & OG went w/ MM and her sweet parents to the Natural Science Center on Saturday. I was super bummed that I couldn't go b/c I have been wanting to take OG for a long time, and I definitely wnated to be there for her first time. OH well....but she had a blast I hear. I sent them off with the camera and here are some of the pix that came back. At least I got to see how much fun she had, even if it wans't first hand. They got to see tigers, wallabies (sp) snakes, dinosaurs, big turtles, etc. How neat!




1 comment:
Jules! What in the world?! What was the cause of all this? you know, I want to see pics...
Post a Comment