Monday, July 03, 2006

I love a parade...

We all went up to the family mountain house this weekend in Boone, NC and had a great time!! It was nice to have some down time and just sit around and enjoy the good ole' mountain air and spend time with family that we don't see that often. The temp was in the mid 70's and it was NICE!

While there, we ventured down to Blowing Rock (10 minutes away) to check out the neat shops...to our surprise there was a 4th of July parade about to begin when we got there. This was OG's first official 4th parade and she enjoyed it. There were horses, neat old timey cars, cloggers, candy and music! I only wish I had know about the parade so we could have dressed her in her Fourth of July finery. You will just have to wait until tomorrow to see that!

We got lucky enough to get a prime parade watching spot for OG right atop of the Blowing Rock Daily (or whatever it is called) newstand. :) PERFECT!


No comments: