Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pomp and Circumstance


It’s cap & gown season as we all know. The colleges have already had their ceremonies and the High Schools will have their time over the next few weeks. All the kiddies are growing up and spreading their wings.

WELL, soon it will be OG’s turn! She is graduating from the Toddler I room, to the Toddler II room. “I be soo ‘cited” as my Mom would say. I am so proud of our baby girl! She is moving up in the world. And I know her daycare director is glad too...I have been bugging them for MONTHS asking when she would move. There are kids younger than her who moved back earlier in the year. Why hadn’t she moved?! What is the delay?! When she came into the program she was a little smaller and not as up to speed on everything the other kids were doing…she walked late and did some other things delayed b/c of her adjusted age. But she has caught up above and beyond and has been for a few months.

One day when I went in and complained...I mean ASKED, about her moving status, they informed me she was next on the list to move up when a spot came available. So I was very excited. Then one day a few weeks later when I picked her up one afternoon, I noticed TWO, YES TWO new children in her class. Well, that means that in order for 2 kids to come in, 2 kids have to go…and OG had not gone. I was NOT a happy Momma about this. So I went to talk to the director…I found out one kid in OG’s room had dropped out so his spot came available (ok fair enough)…but what about the OTHER SPOT?...how did THAT come available? Turns out they went ahead and moved up Jacob to the Toddler I’s when OG was supposed to be next in line!!

WHAT’S UP WITH THAT!!??!!!

They said they moved Jacob up b/c he was a big boy (he IS huge) and they wanted to get him out of the smaller kids room. They said OG was tiny and in the new room kids would be a lot bigger than her. (OK, NOT true…half of those kids were just in OG’s room a few months ago and some are just her size b/c I still see them coming in everyday.). I told them YES, OG is small but she will always be petite. If we wait for her to GROW, she will NEVER move into that room.

It wouldn’t have been as mad if they had just told me ahead of time “You know, we really want to get Jacob out of this current room b/c he seems to be a hazard to the smaller kids, I know we told you OG would be next but would you mind if we go ahead and move Jacob, and THEN OG?” I would have been FINE with that…but instead I just come in and find that he has moved and OG has stayed when they promised me she would go next.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my daycare and LOVE her teacher’s and everyone there…this one incident was just…FRUSTRATING!

*Her favorite teacher Miss Nicole or "Cole" (as OG calls her) with OG or "Livie" (as Miss Cole calls HER)...and YES, I have the camera back!


So, last week I got the big notice that she would be moving up on May 31st!...believe it or not, after all the above mentioned stuff, and all of my “Mama Drama”…I was SAD. Our girl is growing up. Now I don’t want her to move. But it is time for her to spread HER wings…maybe she can go in there and show Jacob a things or two.

No comments: