We send out about 120+ each year (I KNOW I KNOW) and would prob do more than that this year...and even if I go with the cheapo Costco photo cards, and add on postage, and my time that I DO NOT really have to address, stamp etc....I have spent easily about $100+. Which IS and IS NOT a lot of money...depending on how you look at it. It is not a lot of money for somehting you buy and keep. It DOES seem to be a lot of money for something you send to someone and they keep it in a card holder or tape it to their front door and then throw away 2 wks later.
I LOVE sending Christmas cards. And until last year, I NORMALLY had them addressed and out the door the weekend of Thanksgiving. last year I think they went out around Cecember 19th. LOL I also love receiving Christmas cards. It is so great to see everyone's family and how they have changed over the year.
So part of my decision on still sending them is that people might think we scratched them off the list this year or think we can't afford them (we can't have THAT now can we!)...and I don't want anyone to think that...and then they won't send us one next year and the viscious cycle begins. I have ALWAYS (and still do, stupid I know) worried too much about what other people think. And I need to get over that. But I ALSO want to show off our sweet OG to everyone near and far. Not everyone I know reads this blog...it is pretty much a secret to about 75% of my close friends and family...so I would like to share OG's cuteness with them this hoiday season...and ahem, of course send Warm Holiday Greetings to everyone...I mean yes, that is the MAIN focus right??!! ;)
So part of my decision on still sending them is that people might think we scratched them off the list this year or think we can't afford them (we can't have THAT now can we!)...and I don't want anyone to think that...and then they won't send us one next year and the viscious cycle begins. I have ALWAYS (and still do, stupid I know) worried too much about what other people think. And I need to get over that. But I ALSO want to show off our sweet OG to everyone near and far. Not everyone I know reads this blog...it is pretty much a secret to about 75% of my close friends and family...so I would like to share OG's cuteness with them this hoiday season...and ahem, of course send Warm Holiday Greetings to everyone...I mean yes, that is the MAIN focus right??!! ;)
So, to send cards or to not send cards? Just in case I DO send cards, I will NOT post the pix from our rainy night Christmas tree shopping excursion here. I will post a family shot though. Because this years card...IF we do one, will be just OG.



No comments:
Post a Comment