Monday, May 19, 2008

Florida Vacation Day 1

We're here! We left GSO at 6pm SHARP on Saturday after the recital...and arrived at the beach Sunday AM (yes AM) at 2:42 (3 minutes before my estimated arrival...this was THRILLING to my controlling self). Hubbie drove until about 12:40am...I drove from 12:45 - 2:42 am...I almost fell asleep every 2 minutes but I was determined to get to the beach so I toughed it out.


Daddy Bear from FL (who flew up Sat at 11am , ha) rode down in the back with OG. After arrival we unloaded ONLY the essentials....and we were in bed by about 3:15. YES!!!!! :)

We got up about 9am and after some breakfast, a run to the grocery by hubbie and some unpacking, we hit the beach about 11:45am or so. Daddy Bear & Kay Kay went home and we bid them farewell for just a few days. We stayed out till maybe 4pm or so on the beach. It was a beautiful day and OG enjoyed the sun & sand! She even took a nice nap in her little pink tent. No one got burned...in fact I think we used TOO much sunscreen. Oh well, better to be pale than in pain.



So nice to be on vay-cay!

Family pic at The Breakers...best burger in NSB!


OG & her ice cream!


Ice cream shop where we ate after dinner!


Sitting in a HUGE Rainbow flip-flop in a surf shop!

No comments: