I like reading the "day in the life" stuff on other blogs...so here is mine. Not anything funny or exciting, or interesting even...just my typical weekday!!! It is actually pretty boring.
Weekday in the Life
6:25am Wake up, usually/almost ALWAYS one minute before the alarm goes off (weird)
6:26am Stumble to bathroom to apply “my face”, fix hair etc (shower is not included in this time, NOT b/c I am dirty but b/c I shower at night)
6:38am Go to OG’s room to get her dressed (I put out her clothes the night before)…struggle to put on panties, pants, socks, shoes, shirt while she is still half asleep.
6:48ish am Send her on her merry way downstairs to Daddy who is supposed to be making her breakfast (pouring cereal, scrambling an egg, putting grapes in a baggie for the ride to school)
6:49am Head to my closet to figure out what to wear
6:50am Look around and wonder where all my clothes are
6:51am Get mad at my clothes and hate them all
6:52am FINALLY settle on something to wear that is suitable
6:55am I am done getting dressed and now put on jewelry
6:56am Back to bathroom to brush teeth, spritz perfume, maybe potty and give myself a once over…it will have to do.
7:00am Open blinds on all 4 windows in our bedroom and the one in my closet (I am obsessive compulsive about this and I HAVE TO DO IT BEFORE I LEAVE!)
7:01am Head downstairs, gather a glass of tea (sweetened with Splenda thank.you.very.much) and some fruit for breakfast
7:04am Give the 1 minute “let’s get out the door” alert to OG & hubbie
7:05am Announce that is Time To Go (we HAVE to be walking out the door at 7:05)
7:07am, 08 or 09 Everyone is FINALLY out the door and in the garage and we are buckling car seats, turning on the DVD player (sometimes), getting situated etc.
7:12am (this is the LATEST we can leave to be on time) We are off to school!!!!
7:25am We arrive at school (wash hands, brush and fix hair – it is easier to do there)
7:35am Hugs and kisses and goodbyes
7:37am On the road to work
7:52am ish Apply Lipstick and check for stray eyebrows in mirror sitting at traffic light to get off the interstate ramp.
7:55am Arrive at work, check email, websites, etc
8:00am – 4:58 pm work work email work blog work work lunch work blog work email work email work
4:59pm out the door
5:21pm Arrive at OG’s school
5:28pm Leave OG’s school (If it is Tuesday I get her at MeeMaws at 5:2o and we go straight to dance which starts at 6pm)
5:44pm Arrive at home, feed dog, take ottomans, baskets, tv trays etc off of chairs & couches (we have to put these up on the furniture everyday when we leave so the dog won’t get on the furniture –UGH)
5:48pm Get OG situated with a craft, toy or TV while I run upstairs to get into comfy pants.
5:53pm Put dog out
5:55pm Let dog in
6:00pm Help organize the meal for dinner (but don’t cook it) or clean the house while hubbie cooks (he does most `all` of the cooking)
6:30pm ish Dinner
7:00pm Clean up from dinner
7:15pm Start heading OG upstairs for bed and activities….bath (if she’s lucky), teeth, potty, pj’s etc
7:45pm Read books
7:58 Turn off lights, say prayers, sit with her for a while….almost fall asleep…decide I need to leave…she is usually about asleep anyway.
7:59pm Shower
8:10pm Put comfies back on
8:15pm Catch up on DVR’d shows or actual live TV…or maybe read
10:01pm Head upstairs to bed, brush teeth, brush hair, wash face and maybe exfoliate face, get water for bedside
10:15pm Hope in bed, put on Elizabeth Arden 8 Hr Cream on lips (the best), lotion on hands….check alarm 50 thousand times -again, I am compulsive), apply my eye mask or eye pillow and try to go to sleep.
10:35pm Think of something I need to remember for work tomorrow…call work VM and leave myself a msg.
10:38pm Think of something else…call work VM and leave myself another msg.
10:40pm Decide I am insane…apply more 8 Hr Cream to lips and try to doze off only to get up 8 hrs later and start it all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i swear i just peed in my pants reading this. you crack me up.
Enough of this ME, ME, ME, blogging. WE WANT O-G! WE WANT O-G! love DDB
Ok- we are twins! Just alike I tell you!
Right down to the 1 minute warning on when we need to leave the house... and also the part about actually leaving 5 minutes later....
tee hee hee--funny stuff! esp the obsessive compulsive you that I know, love and respect (b/c I am too---LOL about the alarm clock checking!!!)
Post a Comment