OG started swim classes 2 weeks ago and she loves them! We go every Saturday from 9:30-10:00am for 6 weeks. It seems like a short period of time, but it is really enough. I don't think "I" could take it if it was a much longer class. The class age ranges from about 6 mths to 3 yrs I think. OG is most definitely one of the oldest. The class is not to teach her to swim but to get her more comfortable with the water and technique, etc. We have belonged to a pool the last 2 summers, so she has been exposed to water and enjoys it. But since she will be 3 in June, we just wanted her to be ready for this summer...get her exposed to more activity in the winter so when summer comes she is ready to go. As kids get older, their fears often come out...we didn't want that to happen with water.
I went with OG the first week and Daddy the 2nd week...it was pretty neat!!!! She is in the same class with 3 friends of mine and their kids, so it is neat to have a group of folks you know there...except for the fact that the mommies aren't excited to have their winter white un-exercised booties out for all of creataion to see. ha
No comments:
Post a Comment