Sunday, October 10, 2010

My girl

OG loves both of us.  I know that.  But she is TRULY a Daddy's Girl.  If she had to pick one of us to go out with for an errand? Daddy.  Pick ONE person to stay with her while she fell asleep? Daddy.  Have one person to spend the day with? Daddy. 

It doesn't bother me.  Sometimes I wish I was the FAVE.  But it's OK.  She loves me and I know that. The bond OG and her Daddy have is wonderful, and it makes me smile.

Today, I came home from being gone all weekend.  I was glad to be back and see my family.  I expected OG to give me a "hi Mommy" and a quick hug and go about her playing.  And as I walked in the door and she saw me, she came running.  She gave me a big hug and a kiss and held on tight and told me she had missed me so much and that she loved me.  And for just that moment..she was Mommy's girl.  And I LOVED it.

No comments: