Thursday, October 14, 2010

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with mustard.

In just a few hours, I leave for NYC for four days. I mentioned before that OG missed me when I was on a girls wknd last week.  A lot.  And I was surprised. This time I will be gone from Thursday - Sunday.

Last night as she was going to bed, she handed me this stuffed medieval looking soft dragon.  It was a dragon my Mom gave her probably 4 years ago.  For her to have by her bed to keep bad dreams away.  It just sits on her headboard and watches over her.  I don't think I have ever seen her touch it or play with it.

Last night, before she went to bed, she came to me with that dragon.  She said she wanted me to take it with me so I could remember her.  It brought tears to my eyes.  She NEVER does anything like that.  As we snuggled in her bed while we said prayers, I asked her why she chose the dragon.  She said because she loved it and it was soft and she thought I would like it.  I asked her if she knew where it came from, and she remembered it was from Meemaw.  I told her the story of why my Mom gave it to OG, and I told her it was there to ward off bad dreams.  She was quiet for a minute, then got a sad face.  She asked "what am I going to do about bad dreams while the dragon is gone?".  I told her if she wanted to, she could keep the dragon, and I would take somehting else.  She decided that was best.  And then offered me her soccer trophy.

Love this girl.

No comments: