Tuesday, January 13, 2009

OG's first sleepover at our house

Last Friday, OG had her 1st sleepover at out house. One of her BFF’s, MNM was the lucky recipient. ;) Her Mom just had a baby the week before, so we thought it would be nice to give them a night sans MNM and some time with the new baby.

The day actually began weeks earlier…when we originally told OG that MNM would be coming to spend the night soon. We should never have told her that early b/c she talked about it every day and asked when MNM was coming EVERY DAY!! So when they day came, I was relieved.
I picked OG & MNM up at school and they were soo excited. Their teachers all said they were glad the day was over b/c that was ALL THEY HAD TALKED ABOUT ALL DAY! lol So I picked them up…strapped them into the car and we headed to Elizabeth’s pizza. Hubbie met us there and we had a great time. The girls munched on a pizza slice and some bread and some tomatoes & cucumbers from my salad. They were very well behaved and had a fun time.

Headed out from school...the fun begins!

Waiting for our food to arrive

Yummy Pizza

Leaving the restaurant


We then left to head home where we played games, acted out scenes, watched some TV, brushed teeth and then got ready for bed. My game plan (after getting approval by MNM’s Mom) was to let them stay up late…so they would sleep late. Especially after I heard from MNM’s Mom that MNM like to get up at 6am’ish. LOL So we kept them up playing till about pm. Not too bad. But I think they were worn out…OG went to sleep almost immediately but MNM stayed awake, but quiet for maybe 30 mins +. I stayed in there with them and eventually fell asleep myself. OOPS I woke up at 11:11 to them both sleeping soundly. So I then took precautions and went to bed myself…JUST in case they got up early. They ended up sleeping till about 7:30! Not bad.

Gotta have that Geet-Geet!

sweetness right before bed...they both have their Geet-Geets (lovies) and look snug as a bug in a rug

So I got up, made them breakfast and let hubbie sleep in…then they played some more and had a good ole time. MNM did mention that she fell out of bed…but I guess she was ok, b/c apparently she got up and got back in bed. MNM’s Mom & Dad were scheduled to come get her around 9:30. As the time would down, I told the girls Mac needed to get dressed and ready and I let them watch TV as I combed MNM’s hair. She was then ready to go and her parents arrived. We all chatted a bit about the nights activities…the girls said their sweet good bye’s and they MNM family was on their way. It was a fun time and I think the girl really enjoyed themselves. I really enjoyed having them both there together. We are all looking forward to doing it again!

saying good-bye just before MNM left in the morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, how fun! I love OG's haircut!