Thursday, October 09, 2008

CUTEST OUTFIT EVER!

...and do I have a pic? NO!!!!! UGH, I am horrible. I miss the old days (and I know you long time readers do too) of Diva Dress-Up when On Friday's I would post OG's cute outfits of the week. I used to be SOOO good at this blogging thing! Check the archives from maybe early 2006 through that fall of 06 to get your fix...so cute!

So OG is wearing such a cool outfit today. Although I don't think SHE loved it. She said she wanted a SOFT shirt to which I just said TOO BAD (bad Mommy). She has on a light pink striped Polo Ralph Lauren button down oxford shirt (thanks Nikki!) and some cute slim fit boot cut jeans (thanks Aunt Cindy!), brown shoes, straightened CHI'd hair (left over from yesterday's chi session with just a quick touch up this AM, and NO we didn't have a bath last night, ha)and a brown hairbow! SO CUTE!!! Funny thing is I remember my 1st day of 4th grade circa 1982. My mom MADE me wear almost the same exact shirt, a pink oxford button down (although I am SURE it was not a real Polo) and a navy straight slim skirt that hit me mid calf. I HATED that outfit. All my friends were wearing cool clothes on day 1 of school and I had to look like miss fancy pants. There is a photo of me outside our front door in that outfit that AM before the bus came... and I am looking at mom like "I am not thrilled about this but I will stand here for a picture if I must." Funny now that I look back and now OG expressed her same distaste for the oxford cloth shirt!
The outfit today looks SOMETHING like this...and this is NOT OG in this pic! lol




SHUT UP!!!!! HOW CUTE IS THAT!!??
So this morning I took her into school and the director said "wow, Olivia is so cute...she looks like she is dressed for picture day today(yesterday was picture day)" Back story...I went to High School with said director, from 1988-1991....so she was around in my preppie days ...wait, I am still preppie...ok, the OLD preppie days. So then director says "you know Jules, she is dressed just like YOU were in High School" to which I thought for a moment and TOTALLY agreed! She did look like I would have dressed back then. Except my jeans would have been pegged at the ankles and my shirt would have probably been loose and not tucked in. I guess I changed my opinion of the oxford cloth shirt from 4th grade to HS.

I am sure OG won't keep the shirt tucked in today...that can be kind of hard with pottying and all. But I will try to take a picture of her outfit tonight for your viewing pleasure. It is AWESOME! I get excited about the little things!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

julie. SEEING OLIVIA WEARING THE outfit will be so much cuter!!

GET YOUR CAMERA FIXED!!!

We, as OG fans, NEED pics of her.

DDB-FLA said...

BRING BACK DIVA DRESSUP!!

BRING BACK DIVA DRESSUP!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie...just love the little oxford. And YES...we do miss Diva Dress Up days....she is just so darned cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you SUCK at taking--and downloading pictures--I said it!! :)) hehe.