Thursday, February 16, 2006

And the word of the day is...NO!!!


I remember it well...seeing the ultrasound of OG and thinking "I will be the best parent ever". I thought I would raise a child the right way and be a role model for all parents. Little did I know how hard it would be. Sometimes I just don't know what to do when OG acts crazy, it makes me so frustrated...and sometimes it is just FUNNY when she acts crazy. I try not to laugh because THAT is not good, but sometimes it is hard.

She has a great vocabulary. Her Dr's have said she is above her adjusted and actaul age with her communication skills. HOWEVER, with all those great communication skills the word of the day...wait week, hhhhm?...hold on, month, YES, the word of the month is NO!

"NO, NO, NO!!" That is about all that comes out of OG's mouth lately. It is her new favorite word. I can ask "Did you have fun at school today?" and she will say "NO"...OK, new question, "You are eating so well, do you like your dinner?"..."NO". UH, OKAY!! ANY question you ask her has a NO answer. She used to just shake her head "NO"...then she did the shake and say "NO" combo...now it is just plain old "NO". She CAN say yes by the way, it just doesn't have the same ring to it I guess.

Come to think of it, "NO" was probably her word before she was born. I remember eating something crazy and she would protest by kicking me. She was just the size she is in the ultrasound pic above...fiesty from the get-go. Now she just protests when I put something in front of her to eat. "Here's your FAVORITE OG , you LOVE it...want some?"..."NO!"

Oh well, at least she is talking...I think it is funny sometimes, but I can't wait to hear more words. This would be nice: "Why yes Mommy, I had a spactacular day at school. Sean poopied in his pants and we had a well balanced meal for lunch and I am sooo ready to eat the gourmet meal you prepared me for dinner."

GOOD TIMES!

1 comment:

JulieMomof3! said...

Well its good to know that my child isn't the only one fond of the word NO! Joshua is forever saying it and its driving me crazy. I ask him to stop saying it and he says no. I'll send him to the stairs,(time out) and he still tells me NO! The room, and its NO! UGH!!!! HELP!! Will it ever end?????