Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL Open House! Second Grade begins!

Tonight was OG's open house. Unlike MOST schools, our school does not let you know who your teacher is ahead of time.  So annoying.  You find out at the Open House.  And being the OCD Mommy that I am, we got to the open house at 4:15.  It started at 5:00.  But I wanted a GOOD SPOT in the line waiting outside to get in.  Did we get in the front? Of COURSE we did (I will ignore the fact that that was because we were the only fools who wanted ot get there 45 mins early).  Anywho...we got there early.  I had texted her Kindergarten teacher (who I am also friends with) the night before to see if she might be able to tell me who OG had.  She said she would.  At this point I hadn't heard from her.  I was a little stressed because THAT meant we would have to rush into the cafeteria, try to find OG's name on several lists of teachers, and then rush to her class to of COURSE be the first one there so we could spend quality time with her new teacher and make a fabulous first impression.  BUT - a very nice lady pointed out to me that the lists were taped to the cafeteria windows...and you could see through the paper and see names and teachers names on those lists...and we were standing right outside of those windows, JACKPOT!  I am now thankful that I have good eyes and have the ability to read backwards (since we were reading from the back side of the paper).  So there it was...Mrs. Doran!  Now we knew.  And what happened next? The text came in saying OG got Mrs. Doran. LOL.  So we waited some more, the doors opened...and YES, off we rushed. First ones in the classoom with a few minutes to spare.  Those suckers still looking for their kids name on a list in the cafeteria were in our wake. :)

Mrs. Doran seems wonderful. I REALLY like her.  And everyone has said we are SOO lucky to have her.  She seems like someone I would be friend with...which of course is VERY important.

 OG and Mrs. Doran

 OG at her desk

 OG and her crush (he is also crushing on her...oh lordy) who lives in our neighborhood. They even went on a "date" last yr to get wings and she went to his baseball game. This should be interesting. LOL

 OG and Daddy

OG and Mommy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

OMG. This post cracked me up from beginning to end! LOL