We planned to walk her to class, but due to the FIRST EVER MORNING RAIN ALL SUMMER (ugh), we had to drive. BUT, because we had planned to leave the house super early to walk, we were able to drive over super early and get one of the last spots in the lot.
OG walked us to see her K teacher from last year...then directed us to her new class. She was a little nervous and shy (the norm for her in a new situation), but she was also excited. She did all of her morning "routine" stuff then sat down (with some coaxing) to work on a morning activity. I didn't want to leave...and was probably, sort of, maybe...well DEFINITELY hovering...and hubbie finally coaxed me out of the room. NO tears, but I did get a little lump in my throat. Progress. LUCKILY we remembered her classroom window was facing the covered walkway leaving the school. Because I am cool like that, I was able to take a paparazzi photo through the window of OG at her desk. I wish I had a telephoto lense! HA
So, after school I picked her up from ACES and couldn't WAIT to hear about her day. What did I get from her? That is was fun and she liked when they danced and that her BFF from last year was in her class. That's it. Later, I did manage to coax some more stuff out of her...and basically it was that she loves 1st grade and is happy. THAT I will take.
Ready to go!!
YES, all we had was a Lightnin' McQueen umbrella, ha!
Outside of class
At her desk
Stalkarazzi Mommy Photo!!






No comments:
Post a Comment