Saturday, October 03, 2009

Today I ran in the Women's Only 5k and OG ran in the kids 400 meters as part of the race! Her FIRST race. I was so proud! It was slightly unorganized - at the start the girls were so excited they were running all over each other and knocking each other down etc. OG was one that got knocked down. And I thought it was OVER then. But she got right up and got to running! She did not quit. It was a fun event and I think she has the racing bug! At least I hope so. She said she wants to run the kids race at the Gobbler with Daddy. I sure he will think that is great b/c it will get him out of running the 5k, which he hates! lol
My girl ready for her 1st race!
OG & Briley pre-race

OG just standing there being shy while EVERY OTHER KID did warm ups! NICE.
And they're off!! (OG in pink bow)

Coming into the finish! Look at that blonde hair shining in the sun!

OG getting her medal...I was so proud!

OG & Briley showing off their medals!

OG & Briley (her kindergarten buddy) with Miss NC! ha

No comments: