She received a "feather" cut out of poster board about 12-14" long...she was to take et home and decorate it. the feather would be added to big turkey's body in the classroom, along with all of her other 19 classmates feathers. She was to decorate it and make it about things she was thankful for.
When we asked OG what she was thankful for (rather than just doing her project for her and letting her turn it in, AHHH Good Parents) she thought about it for a minute...then she decided she was thankful for mac n cheese and candy and Halloween. OOOKKAAAYYY...not exactly what I was getting at but it was a start. Then we asked her "what about family & friends & your home and food, etc". She agreed she was thankfulf or those. Then we asked what else she was thankful for...figuring we had given her more of an idea to work with:
The list is as follows:
mac n cheese (again)
candy (again)
hamburgers
cheetos
fruit
Diego (Dora's cousin)
snacks
chocolate milk
her geet geet (blanket)
pineapple
Wonder Pets (a show on Noggin)

OK, so maybe we need to work on this a little....also maybe she needs a little less TV and junk food, and more VEGGIES. Couldn't she have at least said she was thankful for squash??!!??
PS. I saw a few other feathers this AM...one was the poster baord feather covered in, well, FEATHERS. So that kid was thankful for what???...Feathers?
Another was covered in glitter and said" I am thankful for glittery things". I thought that was cute...the kid really really put what THEY were thankfulf for...Not what the parents THOUGHT they should be thankful for. OH well, I am a controlling mom...I didn't want her's to say "I am thankful for mac n cheese & Diego". Maybe next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment